Monday 12 January 2015

The Best of 2014 | Make Up & Skincare!

Hey guys!

I know this post is really late but I thought I would share with you my favourite make up and skincare for 2014! 2014 was a real eye opener in make up for me and I have definitely accumulated a few long time favourites! Please note a lot of these favourites I have reviewed on this blog before so just click the tag of it to see if I've reviewed it!

>Skincare:
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water- I have bought bottle after bottle of this in 2014 and it allowed me to finally ditch the make up wipes. It's amazing to take make up off with and I will forever keep repurchasing it!
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash- This has for many years been my face wash. As someone who suffers terribly from acne I always like to use tea tree and don't want to switch up my skincare routine too much because I know what works for me. I will probably never stop buying this! 
  • Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser- I have been using this moisturiser for about two years and I never switch it up. It smells like lovely grapefruit and feels amazing on the skin. It soaks in quickly so you can apply your make up soon after and is does not clog up pores. I'm in love with it!
>Eyes:

  • Sleek i-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette- I love this little palette for all kinds of looks as it can take you from day to night. It is super affordable and makes me want to buy other palettes from the range!
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Everlasting Navy- If you're one of those people like me where eyeshadow never seems to stay put on your eyelids then these cream gel eyeshadows are for you. I got the blue one as it matches my eye colour perfectly and I love a pop of colour. I always get complimented whenever I wear this and it is certainly long wearing! I am going to buy more from this range for sure.
  • L'oreal Miss Manga Mascara- As soon as I saw the advert for this mascara I knew I wanted it. The name is great, the packaging is beautiful and the wand is a good amount of flexible. It claims to lengthen your eyelashes and it certainly does do that! I was super disappointed when I finished it and had to chuck it away and would definitely recommend it.
  • Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner- I tried this eyeliner on a whim and wasn't disappointed. Although flicks seem to fade a bit after a long day the brush is super easy to use and I can do my eyeliner quickly and efficiently. 
  • Benefit Gimme Brow- Although this isn't of my eyes I didn't see the point in making a separate category for eyebrows when it was only this product. Gimme Brow is my first product from Benefit and I have been using it since April. It tints my eyebrows and is good at filling in sparse areas whilst holding the shape of my brows in place. I absolutely adore this eyebrow gel and it is so long-lasting!
>Lips:
  • Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm Cherry Me- I have a few more of these baby lip balms but this one is my favourite. On days where you are having a natural look this subtle red will go down a treat. It smells great, looks great and is all around just fab. 
  • Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- I have Striking (red) and Shameless (purple) which I love equally as much. These are the ones to use when you want to put on some lip colour but don't have time to put on lipstick! They're certainly matte like they suggest. They are also the ones to use when you know you're going to be eating or kissing(!). I love them as they're super easy, beautiful and long-lasting. Definitely what I go for when I go out for dinner with my boyfriend haha! 
  • Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub- You can tell I love this when this is my second tub of it and I already have a third one in advance for when this one finishes. This is my ultimate lip scrub that lasts for about a year and does an excellent job at exfoliating your lips. I like to use it after a shower or before I apply lipstick for a smooth finish. It tastes yummy too!
>Face:
  • Natural Collection Green Corrector Stick- Because I have a lot of redness on my face I always use green underneath my foundation to cancel out the redness: and this is the product behind it! I have lost count of how many of these I have bought but they're super cheap and super good at what they do!
  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- I always use this brush for my foundation. It is an incredible brush that looks beautiful, feels beautiful and applies foundation flawlessly. Cannot recommend it enough especially for a first brush from Real Techniques!
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation- I always use this foundation and the colour works perfectly for me. It is high coverage which I need and is long lasting.
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- I have been using this concealer for absolute years and years, even before bloggers started raving about it. Hipster, I know! It stays on for a long time and is super high coverage which is excellent for redness and acne.
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Powder- To top it off is the powder that goes with the other two of the range and I love it. It definitely is mattifying and will turn any high-shine area in to Mr Matte. Love it!


It is clear from  my favourites that my ultimate make up brand of the year was Maybelline!
My next post will be my favourite books and DVDs of 2014.
What were your favourites for make up and skincare in 2014? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment