Thursday 24 April 2014

Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation & Concealer REVIEW! (My ULTIMATE concealer!)

Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation:
Would I Repurchase This?   Yes, 100%!
Would I Recommend It To A Friend? Yes
Rating: 9.5/10

I have always used the concealer of this but didn't realise this foundation existed until about three months ago. Knowing how much I love the concealer I bought this foundation with high expectations! I was definitely pleased with it.

On the bottle, it says:

*Lasts for up to 16 hours
*Flawless coverage
*Minimises imperfections
*Oil free
*SPF 20

I found it a bit hard to choose my shade but in the end I went with 'silky beige'. This didn't sound right for me because my skin colour really isn't 'beige' and when I brought it home even my Mum and sister said it probably way too dark for me. HOWEVER when I tried it on it matched perfectly!

This foundation is a medium/high coverage foundation which I like as I suffer from acne/red scarring. This is perfect for my skin and hides blemishes and redness well. 

I find this foundation blends very well and doesn't make me look orange. Sometimes I find it kind of clings to the dry patches underneath my eyes which therefore may not make it suitable for really dry skin but it is barely noticeable, only to me. 

It does last all day I will give it that, but sometimes it can go a bit 'dusty' looking shall we say around the nose/on wrinkles after about 7 hours. However it isn't that big of a deal and can easily be fixed although it really is not that noticeable!

PROS:

  • Blends easily
  • Doesn't make me orange
  • Medium/High coverage
  • SPF 20
  • Oil free
  • Great for acne prone/red/acne scarred skin
  • Long lasting


CONS:

  • Clings to dry patches slightly
  • Can go slightly 'dusty looking' after approx. 7 hours 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer:

Would I Repurchase This? Yes, always have done and always will!
Would I Recommend This To A Friend? Yes!
Rating: 10/10!

I have been using this concealer for many years now, perhaps four, but this is the first time I have used it since they have changed their brand, the packaging and shade names. I was a bit wary of it but when I eventually found my colour I soon realised it was just as good as it had always been.

Similarly to the foundation, the name of the colour sounded way too dark for me but in actual fact it was perfect! I was also worried about it not blending with the foundation but thankfully it does.

I have always loved this product because it is immensely good at covering up redness, acne and scarring as it is high coverage and blends well. It is so good that I have only recently started wearing it with foundation! I always used to wear the concealer and the concealer alone which worked great. I would only use it where necessary and it still blended great with my natural skin colour.

PROS:

  • Long lasting
  • Blends well
  • High coverage
  • Brilliant at covering imperfections

CONS:

  • Can slightly cling to dry patches

Overall I cannot recommend these products enough. I have been excited for a while to share with you the concealer as it is my ultimate concealer I have used daily for many years. I was quite young when my Mum came home with this to help cover up the horrible 'pizza face' I had at the time and let me tell you it was quite the self-esteem saver. I will forever repurchase these and would definitely recommend you try them out!

Have you used any of these? What do you think of them? Let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment