Wednesday 6 May 2015

Waterstones | Book Haul


Hey!


On Monday I went shopping (alone which wasn't half as fun) and one place I stopped off was Waterstones. I have loved and adored books as far as I can remember and they've always played a big part in my life so my boyfriend and sister knew what they were doing when they bought me gift cards for Waterstones. In total I had £30 to spend in Waterstones so I had fun spending an hour in there picking out 4 books to get.

First of all I spotted 'The Bane Chronicles' by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson. For those of you who don't know, Magnus Bane is a character from The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I absolutely loved The Mortal Instruments and Magnus Bane is a flamboyant, bubbly character everyone loves from the books. The Bane Chronicles is a mix of stories from his life which I completely forgot was going to be published until I spotted it in the shop. So as a fan, I quickly picked up this book.


Next I picked up 'Dark Places' by Gillian Flynn. I was originally looking for 'The Girl on the Train' by Paula Hawkins as I heard it was similar to the famous and popular 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn which turned out to be one of my top favourite books of all time. I couldn't find 'The Girl on the Train' no matter how hard I looked which was frustrating but I did see 'Dark Places' which, as you can see, is also by Gillian Flynn. Because I loved 'Gone Girl' so much I decided I would pick this one up to see what it was like instead.


Then I found 'Annie' by Thomas Meehan. You may all know the musical Annie with the famous song 'Hard-knock Life' and this is the book it is based on. I have loved the musical from a very young age when my Mum bought the DVD and it had been on my bucket list since to see it at the theatre. And luckily, I finally am going to see it at the Bristol Hippodrome at the end of the year. So I thought I would read the classic book in the mean time whilst I wait to tick seeing the musical off of my bucket list. :-)


Last of all I picked up the famous classic 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' with 'Through the Looking Glass' by Lewis Carroll. For many years I have been in love with quotes and illustrations from the book. I can't quite put my finger on it but I am so inspired by 'Alice in Wonderland' to the point where I want an 'Alice in Wonderland' tattoo and would quite happily have a 'Alice in Wonderland' themed wedding! When I was younger I used to cover my bedroom wall in quotes and would learn them off by heart. The films are pretty great too. But anyway, I didn't actually have the book in my possession so thought it was good time to get it so I can read it and gaze at the beautiful illustrations all day.


So there we have it! Even though I've got a million books to read already, you can never have too many books...even when your bookcase is over flowing like mine!

What book are you reading right now? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment