Thursday 18 October 2018

12 More Things People Say To Alternative Girls


Hey!

Last year I wrote a blog post called 12 Things People Say To Alternative Girls and it did really well as many of you fellow alt girls told me you found it so relatable! So I am back again with 12 more things people say to alternative girls...

1. It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it- A lot of people have that phase as a teenager then grow out of it, but this is me and how I am comfortable. If I haven't grown out of it by now then I don't think I ever will!

2. What do your parents think?- They don't care. They're happy if I'm happy and just want me to be myself. They see clothes and think "That's very Briony". 


3. You look like a witch- One of my niece's friends recently told me that I look like a witch and I actually took it as a compliment. I do love clothes with witchy puns on too. 
4. You are a goth- The other day I was walking in University and I heard two guys behind me saying "That's called a Goth". Oh thanks so I am an it now? My gender is Goth?

5. What is your natural hair colour?- If you dye your hair bright colours people are always curious to know your natural hair colour. They also want to know if you bleached your hair beforehand.


6. Who's funeral are you going to?- Yours.

7. You're brave to dress like that and not care what other people think- I've had a lot of people, especially in school, tell me that they admire I feel like I can wear what I want and not care what others think and I think that's sad. I wish everyone felt comfortable to wear what they like. But it also seems weird that they're saying I'm brave. I'm just wearing clothes, how is that brave? 

8. Oh my god! You're wearing a colour that isn't black!- The shock on people's faces if I wear a different colour is unreal. I do like some colours! Yes my wardrobe is mostly black but it isn't 100%. I have purple hair so that shows I must like more than just black.



9. You can't like music other than metal- People assume I am only into metal and that metalheads can only be in to metal. They can't believe it when I listen to musicals and know the words to a rap song. I actually have a pretty good memory for lyrics to popular music.

10.  Do you go in mosh pits?- That's what people always ask when I say I go to metal gigs. But the answer is no...I am too scared!



11. You must be kinky to have tattoos- WHY DO PEOPLE ASSUME YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCES THROUGH HAVING TATTOOS?! Just because I've gritted my teeth through the pain of a tattoo doesn't mean I find it pleasurable.

12. Can I touch your tattoos? *Touches them before you reply*- It is just skin and you should always ask consent before touching someone's tattoos especially if they are a stranger. It is weird and I don't want people stroking my thighs.

Thanks for reading :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment