Sunday 17 July 2016

The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream


You may remember that in April I reviewed The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream. Since then I have finished the pot and needed a new moisturiser to use at night. For that, I chose The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. I was actually intending on buying the night cream but accidentally bought this one without realising! Still, I've been using it every day and would like to let you know my feelings on it.


The Vitamin E range is for all types of skin but it's best skin type is for dry skin. Vitamin E is perfect for nourshing dry skin with 48hr moisture infusion. This product also has shea butter and aloe vera which also encourage the moisturising benefits. In addition it has hyaluronic acid which plumps the skin. It is to be used after cleansing and toning the skin. 


On the website The Body Shop describe this as a day moisturiser. However, because it's quite thick I prefer to use it as a night cream which I have been doing every night. I just don't enjoy using thick formulas in the day time! I have read reviews that it is a good base for make up so I doubt that it would be an issue for everyone. Even though it is a thick formula it is certainly not greasy and doesn't take too long to absorb.


Although I was enjoying using the Aloe Night Cream for my sensitive skin issues, I wanted to try this out because my skin was going through a stage of being rather dry. My chin was dry, my neck was dry and my under eyes were calling me havoc! I'm not even exaggerating, it only took 2 DAYS of using this cream for my dry patches to go away! I was totally amazed by it. It didn't sting to use around my eyes so I could slather it on my eyelids and under eyes. Every day I wake up with super soft skin and what were dry patches are now smooth areas of skin that don't show up texture when I apply make up. It hasn't broke me out or anything either which is a bonus.


This product is actually one of The Body Shop's best selling skincare products and even won a Vogue 100 Beauty Wall of Fame Award. So as you can tell, it's pretty popular! I can totally see why people like it so much. The price tag is £12.00 which I think is a fair enough price and not too expensive, especially when The Body Shop constantly have sales going on.


If you suffer from dry skin I really recommend this product and the Vitamin E range in general. I have already raved about this to people on Twitter!


Have you used anything from the Vitamin E range?

No comments:

Post a Comment