Tuesday 1 December 2015

InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Mask


What Is It?


The product is a 100% natural dead sea mud mask from InstaNatural. It is in a huge 19oz tub and also has ingredients of organic shea butter, organic aloe vera and organic jojoba oil.


What Are Its Claims?


This product makes plenty of claims! It states that it uses shea butter and aloe vera to moisturise dry and irritated skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after weekly use, achieves a more even skin tone and smoother complexion, clears skin, reduces pores and helps oily/blemished skin by drawing out impurities, dirt and oil with the use of minerals.


How To Use:


Apply on the skin in a thin layer and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with water. It is only to be used once a week.


What Do I Think?


Where do I start?! Well to begin with, when I first opened the package I was shocked at how big the tub was. There is so much product which is great as it means it will last a very long time. Sometimes I buy face masks and they're gone within a month. When I saw the grey mud I thought it was going to smell really bad but it actually doesn't smell of anything which I think is a good.


A worry I had about this product is that it wouldn't be any good for my sensitive skin. I was worried that because it was a tightening face mask it would irritate and make me have a reaction. Thankfully, it did not make me have any sort of reaction!


Applying it is easy. Because it is grey and wet you can see exactly where you're putting it and it shows if you've put too much on so you can make sure it is all over in a thin layer. Immediately it starts to tingle which at first is kind of uncomfortable but it is certainly nothing you can't deal with. After a few weeks of using this I barely noticed the tingly sensation. You then start to feel it tightening your skin and that's how you know it is working. After a while the wet, grey mud dries into a greyish toned blue which I was not expecting but looked pretty cool! When it dries it also outlines all of your pores which is it slightly shocking to see when you don't realise how many enlarged pores you have.


Another worry I had was that it would be extremely difficult to wash off which I find with some face masks. On the contrary, it completely proved me wrong by being easy to wash off with hands and warm water. Your face is left slightly red and blotchy for a few minutes but this soon dies down. It didn't aggravate my skin at all.


After use of this product I noticed my skin was considerably smoother, supporting the claim that it makes a smoother complexion. The best thing I found about using this mask was that it definitely tightened up my enlarged pores, particularly the ones on my nose which are the ones I care about the most. Again, this supports the claim that it treats enlarged pores. I normally use this on an evening after I have removed my make up and when I wash it off there is no traces of make up on my skin. It also takes away any oil so because of these reasons I find that it does draw out dirt and oil. This has been apart of my skincare routine for 4 weeks and since then I have only had 1 spot on my acne prone skin!


The only claims I am not sure about are the ones that it is moisturising and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. When I use this I find my skin can be kind of dry afterwards so I like to make sure I use my moisturiser. Furthermore, because I am young I don't really have any fine lines or wrinkles so I cannot tell you whether they reduce them or not. The only ones I have are around my eyes and you cannot use this product on the eye area!


Price & Where To Buy:


The price is £21.95 which is quite pricey for a mask but when you take into account that it is a big 19 oz tub then it makes more sense. Additionally, because you only use it once a week in a thin layer it means it will probably last you all year. Plus the price makes sense if you're looking for a mask that does all kinds of claims. You can buy it on Amazon here.


Who Do I Recommend It For?


I would personally recommend it for people who, like me, have sensitive skin and are looking for a tightening face mask that won't give them a skin reaction. I would also recommend it for those with enlarged pores, blemished skin and/or oily skin. Plus, I definitely think this is a very unisex product so would be equally as good for males and females.



Have you used a mud mask before? Let me know! Also, just to let you know this product was kindly given to me by InstaNatural. However, as always my opinions are 100% my own and I would never lie about a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment