Sunday 13 December 2015

Easy & Simple Christmas Nails!



Hello!


The other week I needed a quick, simple and easy nail manicure to do before work and this is what I did. I know it nothing ground breaking but I wanted something festive for the Christmas period so I knew glitter would be on the cards!


For this I used the L'Oreal Colour Riche Rouge Pin Up which I actually got last Christmas. As the name suggests, it is a classic pin up red which I always associate with Christmas. It goes on lovely and I like to use 2 coats to make it completely opaque. Additionally, I also used the Models Own Silver Glitter on my ring fingers so I could have a glitter accent. I love glitter as it catches the light and looks festive, but I don't want to put it on all my nails because glitter is always a pain to take off!




To adhere the glitter, I painted my ring fingers and waited until it dried before adding a second coat. Before that coat dried, I sprinkled some glitter over my finger so it could dry into the polish. The best way to do this is to do it over a piece of paper or tissue to catch the excess and then you can put some of the excess back into the pot. I also found it is best to rotate my finger so the glitter can go on evenly over the entire nail.


I also showed a Christmas nail design last year that includes glitter and candy canes, so to check it out click here.



 So there we go! Simple but effective. What are going to be your Christmas nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment