Wednesday 25 March 2015

BareMinerals Blogger Event

Hey!

Last Thursday I went to a Bloggers skincare and foundation event for BareMinerals in House of Fraser, Bristol with my good friend Emily. It was run by the lovely Ashton where I also met Mali. BareMinerals are a unique skincare and make up brand which have minerals for ingredients as you can guess!

This was the first event Emily and I had gone to so we didn't know what to expect but we were made welcome with friendly faces, amazing hot chocolates and rainbow cookies!

First we took our make up off which I found absolutely nerve-racking as I NEVER go outside without make up on but I felt calmer about it knowing everyone else was taking their make up off too and we would be putting on foundation afterwards. We used plenty of skincare products which all felt smooth and luxurious. We used the Facial Cleansing Oil, Eye Nourishing Balm, Active Cell Renewal Night Serum, Purely Nourishing Moisturiser and the Blemish Remedy. I think the favourite one I used was the night serum because it was nice to try as a serum as I don't usually use them in my own personal skincare.

Additionally, we tried out the Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser on our hands which I really liked as it was unique due to the fact that it is in powder form!

Next was my favourite bit: make up! We used the Prime Time primer first to prepare our skin and I chose the one that cancels out redness because I have a lot of that. I really liked the feeling of it compared to other primers as it uses silicona (is that how it's spelt? I don't know think it is) rather than silicone like most other primers. 

We then used the bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation with the Perfecting Face Brush for foundation. The brush is interesting as it feels exactly like velvet and has a dip in the middle to put the foundation drop in. The foundation was lightweight and light coverage but definitely buildable. Lastly I used bronzer and I was given great tips on how to apply bronzer seeing as I don't really use it myself!

To finish off, we did a quiz to test the knowledge we were taught and there was a prize at the end. I didn't win but it was fun all the same! We were then given goody bags full of samples of mascara, lipstick, perfumes and primer. There were sweets too! Then it was time to say goodbye.

I had a great time at the event and it has given me confidence if I were to attend anymore. I always knew of BareMinerals but never really thought about them so now I have lots of knowledge about what they do and their ingredients! 

Reviews on the products I received in my goody bag will be up in the upcoming week or so. :-)
Have you ever been to a Bloggers event? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment