Friday 3 June 2016

My Piercings Updated

Hello!


When I first started this blog my first post was about my piercings. As first posts on your blog tend to go, it was a bit cringy and only got 3 views! In March I got a new piercing done so I thought I would make an updated version of my piercings post.


 I have 8 piercings in total, 6 in my left ear and 2 in my right. The reason for this is that my hair is so thick on the right side of my head that nobody ever really sees my right ear so I don't see much point in keeping the piercings equal to my left! The hair on the left side of my head on the other hand isn't so thick and it tends to be on show. 


My left ear:



  • Earlobe piercing: This was the first piercing I had done when I was about 7 years old. I went to Claire's Accessories with my Mum like every little girl and I specifically remember being asked if I wanted my left and right done at the same time or one at a time. I opted for them at the same time because I was scared I would chicken out after the first one! I remember feeling super embarrassed as the piercer asked her colleague behind the till to do the other ear and everyone around was watching me! I don't remember the pain for this and it was done with piercing guns.

  • Second Earlobe Piercing: This piercing was also done in Claire's Accessories when I was about 13/14. This time I brought my friend Emily along. I had both ears pierced but I believe I had it done one at a time. I remember a Mother asking me if her child could watch me have it done because she had been asking for her ears pierced but her Mum didn't think she really knew what they do to pierce it! I don't think it hurt too much but I did have to hold Emily's hand and she claims I crushed it. My pain threshold was pathetic at that age so it probably didn't hurt as much as I thought it did. Again, this was done with a piercing gun.

  • Helix/Ear Rim Piercing: This is the piercing at the top of my ear. I had this done for my 15th birthday at Blue Banana and I think I found this the most painful of my piercings due to it being cartilage. This time I had it done with a needle rather than a piercing gun which is to be expected from a cartilage piercing so you don't run the risk of shattering the cartilage. This had a really long healing time and for weeks I couldn't lie on that side of my head. It took 7 months for mine to completely heal without any sort of pain or ache when being touched. It didn't bleed which surprised me but one day a boy accidentally kicked a football at my piercing and it did bleed!

  • Tragus Piercing: This is the piercing on the inner part of my ear. Now this one has a bit of a story! I had this one done on my 16th piercing at Blue Banana again. Although my helix/ear rim hurt the most overall, this was the most painful process. The process of it being pierced really effing' hurt more than anything, but don't let that put you off. After 20 mins I couldn't even feel it any longer and it is actually my favourite piercing. Please note that if you plan to get this done it does impair how easily an ear bud on your earphones goes in so because of that I won't ever get my right one done too. So the story part of this piercing is that a week or so later I woke up to find it had fallen out. I found the ball but had no idea where the bar went! My family were going on a day out to the seaside that day but on the way there we went to Blue Banana to buy a new bar to put in before it closed over. As my Mum was putting my bar in she spotted the bar was inside my ear! I literally had no idea it was there and we couldn't get it out. When we got to the seaside I had to sit in Costa Coffee whilst my Mum stuck tweezers in my ear to get it out. Probably a weird thing for customers to see. Putting a new bar in made my ear bleed and I think the bar came out because my ear had swollen too much for it. This is why you have to make sure your bar is long enough to accommodate swelling guys!

  • Third Earlobe/Ear Rim: This is the third piercing up from my ear lobe. This was my last piercing at Blue Banana and was done when I was 16, not long after my tragus had healed. It didn't hurt too bad and I had no issues with it afterwards. However, this was my first piercing to bleed when getting it done! It bled quite a lot and I had to walk around town holding tissue to my ear. 

  • Fourth Earlobe/Ear Rim: This is my most recent piercing from March at the age of 18; a month before I turned 19. I hadn't had a new piercing done for nearly 3 years so I was a bit rusty on what it was like. After hearing bad things online about getting piercings done at Blue Banana I opted to get my piercing done at a tattoo and piercing parlour. My boyfriend came along too, deciding to get his lip re-pierced, and we joked that it was like we were on a date to get piercings together. This piercing is partly through ear lobe and partly through cartilage so it was more painful than the other ear lobe/ear rim piercings but still not that painful and definitely bearable. It bled a lot (you can see a little bit of dry blood around it in the photo as I took it when I got home) and again I had to walk around town with a tissue stuck to my ear. It took 6 weeks to heal.


My right ear:


Although I've mentioned having those done I thought I would tell you that my earlobe piercing is stretched. I first stretched it at 13/14 when it was the 'cool in thing to do' and I chose that one because that ear barely gets seen- meaning my Mum wouldn't find out! I bought a long spike and my friend pushed it through my ear in a cafe in town. Classy. It didn't hurt as much as it did sting and it took a couple of goes of pushing it in and waiting before it worked. I started off at 1mm and gradually over the months I worked my way to a 4.5mm before I stopped. I then changed the spikes to a spiral and I've had the spiral in ever since. I'm not sure if that's yucky or not but I just can't be bothered to change it! It isn't stretched too large but I don't think I could wear a stud in it. Even after about 5 years if I leave it out for a while the hole starts to shrink. I have thought about going up to a 5 or 6mm so maybe in the future I'll do that. It'll be like nostalgia from my young teen days.


My end goal with my ear piercings is to have piercings all around the edge of my left ear and maybe inner ear too if I can brave it. Since I got the 'taste' for piercings at 13 I have loved the idea of having an ear full of piercings and now that I am old enough to do it I still want it. My boyfriend wants to get his nose pierced soon so it won't be too long before I get the next piercing done. I wouldn't say no to facial piercings but for now I'm focusing on my ear. This is going to be one expensive ear! I'll definitely update you guys on my piercings once I've completed my ear masterpiece.


What I will say is that don't be scared of getting piercings. I have the most rubbish pain threshold and I have a fear of medical stuff and injections which anyone who knows me personally could tell you. A nurse wanted to do a blood test on me last year but I started sobbing and refused to do it and she was like "How?? You have plenty of piercings!!" When I see the needle I immediately think "what am I doing? I hate needles! How did I voluntarily sign up for this?!" but I just close my eyes and I do it. So if you're similar to me, you can do it. If I can you can!


Drinking game: Take a drink every time I say the word 'ear' or 'piercing'.

No comments:

Post a Comment