Wednesday 24 February 2016

Kiko Milano Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow

Hello!


Kiko have been making quite the number of appearances on my blog recently! These are the Kiko Milano Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows. I have 3, one of which I bought in Spain and then 2 I bought back in the UK. 


These eyeshadow sticks are described on the website as having a creamy formula, vibrant colour, water resistant and extreme blendability. It is a cream eyeshadow that can essentially be applied straight on to the eyelid without necessarily being neat which you can then blend out. Cream eyeshadows are usually a great base for powder eyeshadows but are also good on their own. 


The colours I own are number 36 'Golden Mauve', number 31 'Iris Blue' and number 16 'Purple'. 36 is a stunning golden pinky shade. I didn't realise how pink it was until I bought it (I don't like wearing pink make up personally) but the gold shimmer makes up for it! I find this is an easy colour to wear to work. 31 on the other hand is a bright, solid blue colour which works wonderful as a pop of colour or good for a base for my other blue eyeshadows. Finally, 16 is a slightly deep purple, perfect for a bold eye make up look.



What I really like about these eyeshadows is how easy they are to apply. Because it is a crayon type eyeshadow you can easily draw it on to your eye without trying to be particularly careful and then blend it out. With the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows which are also cream, I find them not so easy to apply because they are in a pot. The crayon form is so much better. I do find that I need to apply another layer after blending to keep the intensity of the colour but I like not having to be neat! I like to draw it across my eyelid, slightly into my crease and then an angled line where I would draw an eyeliner flick. Then, using a blending brush I like to blend it inwards. For some reason I find the blue one slightly more difficult to blend but it is still possible.


Another likeable feature of these eyeshadows is the lasting power. The cream formula really does last all day and doesn't transfer which is a relief for my hooded eyes. Despite the lasting power it doesn't mean it is difficult to wipe off at the end of the day and it comes off with ease with my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.


What also surprised me is how water resistant it is. I don't think I've ever worn it in the rain or cried with it on, but when I went to wash away the swatches it didn't budge or fade whatsoever! I was running the tap on the swatches and nothing happened, even when I tried rubbing at it. A course of soap, water and a make up wipe was necessary!


I managed to find 2 photos from a while ago where I am wearing the blue one and the purple one. Sorry they aren't the best of quality but I hadn't taken them with the blog in mind!



So I really do like these eyeshadow sticks. To summarise, I like them because they're easy to apply because you don't have to be neat, they last a long while, they make a good base for powder eyeshadow and you wouldn't have to worry about it in the rain. Furthermore, they're only £6.90 with over 30 colours to choose from so they're an excellent price! My only slight criticism is that they don't have 'extreme blendability' like the website describes which I found mostly with the blue eyeshadow.


Side note, for all you sensitive skin sufferers out there, I have sensitive eyelids and they do not have a reaction to these eyeshadow sticks.


Kiko Milano is fast becoming one of my favourite brands to buy from at the moment and I am loving trying all of their stuff. I love the fact that we have a store in my local mall!



No comments:

Post a Comment