Sunday 30 July 2017

Urban Decay 'Stark Naked' Comfort Matte Lipstick

Hey!


Yesterday was National Lipstick Day, so in honour of that I thought I would upload a lipstick review. I've had the Urban Decay 'Stark Naked' Comfort Matte Lipstick for many months now so it is about time!


With lipsticks, I like to have an easy nude colour that is quick and easy to put on when I am getting ready in a rush and don't have time to spend on perfecting my lipstick. After my favourite BareMinerals lipstick was discontinued, I needed to find the perfect new nude for this job. And this is what I chose. 




The Urban Decay Comfort Matte lipsticks are described as creamy mattes which are comfortable on the lips. This I do agree with! Some matte lipsticks can feel really tight and dry on the lips, but this is just not the case. This lipstick definitely has that creamy feeling and you can rub your lips together at ease...all whilst still being matte! I like creamy lipsticks for when I'm in a rush as I find them so much easier to apply, and easier to wipe off if I have gone wrong.

When Stark Naked arrived I was worried it would look like really bad concealer lips as it is kind of pale. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the colour and it goes with lots of make up looks. I usually either pair it with a simple eye look, or an eye look with oranges as it reminds me of fire. 

When applying the lipstick, I sometimes find that with only one or two swipes it can become patchy on the inside of my bottom lip after I've pressed my lips together. However, if I add another layer to the inside area of my bottom lip then it remedies this. This could probably also be fixed by using a lip liner, but because this is for when I'm in a rush, I don't bother using one.

As for lasting power, it generally is good but with creamy lipsticks they do tend to come off a bit when eating or drinking. You can certainly tell which glass or bottle is mine when I'm wearing this lipstick! Despite this, because it is nude, it doesn't create too much of a patchy look on my lip colour and against my skin colour. It is also fine to reapply and doesn't make the colour look funny.

Packaging wise, although I do like the colours...it doesn't fit in my lipstick organiser! I have a lipstick organiser that stands the lipsticks up and both Urban Decay lipsticks that I own are too thick for them which is a bit annoying. But I can deal with it.

Overall, I do like this lipstick and I have already worn it down quite a lot. It is £15.50 which I don't think is bad. I would buy this again as I'm likely to finish it but will probably add another to the collection that has a slight brown undertone.

No comments:

Post a Comment