Sunday 21 May 2017

Lipstick Declutter!

Hello,


I have too many lipsticks! So the other day I decided to make myself go through them all and get rid of any I don't need anymore. I counted I had 29 lip products in total and my little basket was overfilling, so it was time to cull...



The photo above is a photo of my entire collection of lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, lip liners and the one lipgloss Juicy Shaker from Lancome. Here are a few of interest that will definitely be staying:



Urban Decay Comfort Matte 'Stark Naked' Lipstick- A creamy, matte, nude perfect for when you're running late and have to do your make up quickly.



Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick 'Lolita'- I have already nearly finished one. One of my favourites out of all my lipsticks as it's a beautiful nudey-brown colour.


Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Lipstick 'Rock Steady'- A creamy, shiney red from the Gwen Stefani collection. I adore the packaging!


Kiko Milano Endless Love Lipstick 'Soft Marsala'- From their Valentine's Collection. The lipstick is in the shape of a heart! Although mine is slightly ruined by a terrible ex who decided he would "stamp" the heart on his face...How ironic.

Now on to the items that I decided to get rid of:


BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie 'Break Away' lipstick- This lipstick is discontinued and I am so gutted! These are the first lipsticks I've ever finished and were perfect for days where I needed to do my make up super quick. Also good for nights out because it wouldn't noticeably come off when drinking.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 'Dark Night Waterl-Oops!'- My second ever lipstick! It's a beautiful purple but it's so old now that it is 'wet', applies patchy and feathers immediately. It has to go!


BarryM Cosmetics Lipstick '37 Black'- Younger me wanted a black lipstick to rock. It is sooo patchy! I have the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick 'Witches' now which is 10x better so this is going to go.


Rimmel Super Lustrous Lipstick (Colour Unknown)- The most terrible lipstick I've ever used. I recieved it in a Glossybox and it's so patchy and streaky that I won't even bother giving it to someone else. It looks like the 'concealer lips' trend from years ago on me so I am just not digging it.


Essence Liquid Lipstick 'Show Off'- The only item I can give away to someone. I got it in a Glossybox and the colour really isn't my style. I've given it to my sister Kelly who suits this colour far better.


So these are all the items I have gotten rid of. 6 may not seem that many but for me I am quite proud and now I have a bit more space in my lipstick organiser to add much nicer lipsticks in to!


*Since this post I have also managed to give away to my sister my Max Factor 'Cherry Kiss', true red lipstick. It is a nice lipstick but quite frankly I have too many red lipsticks and just don't get the use out of it. I am sure my sister will love it.



Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment