Sunday 14 September 2014

Models Own HyperGel Top Coat Review

Hello!

I have been using this top coat for a couple of months now so I thought it was about time that I reviewed it for you.

I have mixed views on this top coat to be honest. I love the packaging, the idea and the way it applies. However, I don't believe it creates the 'gel effect' it claims to make. I use this on Models Own nail varnish and other brand of nail polish yet don't notice it looking like gel nails. This is really disappointed me as I love the gel effect and I love the other nail polishes in the HyperGel collection.

As a top coat however it works and creates a nice shine. Despite this the lasting power isn't as good as other nail polishes so for the price of £7.99 I wouldn't bother buying it. Luckily for me I won this in a competition so I am not out of pocket but nevertheless it was still nice to try.

PROS:

  • Lasts a fair amount of time
  • Lovely packaging
  • Great idea
  • Nice added shine to the nails


CONS

  • No gel effect like it claims to have
  • Doesn't last as long as some other top coats
  • A bit pricey (in my opinion)
Have you used this top coat? What is your favourite top coat? Let me know!




1 comment:

  1. Aw. That sucks it doesnt have a gel effect! But at least you won it in a competition (congrats by the way!).

    Stop by my blog when you have time! Also check out my amazing giveaway!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from Elle Charie
    ♥♥ Perfect Skin Giveaway♥♥

    ReplyDelete