Monday 13 August 2018

Skincare ¦ The Ordinary


Hey!

If I had name my favourite skincare brands, The Ordinary would up there in the top 3. The Ordinary do affordable skincare products averaging around £5 for various skin issues. I personally have acne prone skin with scarring, so products aimed at blemished skin is what I go for. I’ve got a little collection now, so I thought I’d share what products I have from The Ordinary.


The first one I ever bought was the Lactic Acid 10% + HA. I started off with the version with lower % of acid in it, then built up to the 10% when I knew my sensitive skin was fine with it. At the time I didn’t have much acne, so I was aiming to focus on getting rid of the scarring on my skin which this product said it aimed to do. I use it once a day in the evening and I do find it helps fade my scars. This is one that I repurchase every time and continue to use it.

After months of the best skin I had in years, my skin started to flare up with bad acne again when I changed contraceptive pill. Because of this, treating acne became my focus again and I bought the Salicylic Acid 2% Solution. Salicylic acid is known for helping blemish-prone skin. I used to use it once a day, but now I use it twice a day. A little goes a LONG way, so try not to put too much on! The Salicylic acid seems to go out of stock a lot, so last time I bought it I bought 4 of them! That’ll keep me going for a while.

I’ve been using the Lactic Acid and Salicylic Acid for years now, but recently I wanted to try some new products. I’d seen other people use the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution and was intrigued by its blood red colour. It is a 10-minute exfoliating facial that you can use up to twice a week and feels tingly on the skin. It aims for brighter skin, fights visible blemishes, reduces pore congestion and fine lines. I’ve only used it once so far, so I cannot comment on how good it is, but it does have amazing reviews!

Finally, we have the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which is a high strength vitamin and mineral blemish formula. I saw positive reviews about it for regulating sebum, reducing blemishes and pores and was interested to see how it would compare to the Salicylic acid. I haven’t tried it yet but will let you know how I get on with it.

I will point out that I don’t use all these products at once and do have a good routine with them as I don’t want to overdo my skin and make it worse. Furthermore, please be aware that these products make your skin more susceptible to getting burnt so remember your SPF if you’re using them!

I buy The Ordinary products on FeelUnique and BeautyBay, depending who is it is going to be cheaper with at the time alongside free delivery and my student discount. They make good presents too, and I have bought the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 which rehydrates skin for fellow skincare loving friends.

What are your favourite products from The Ordinary? 

No comments:

Post a Comment