Wednesday 7 February 2018

Travel | Bern, Switzerland


When I went interrailing in 2016 I planned to make long thought out posts about each country that I went to. However, I only got as far as Amsterdam and Berlin and then forgot to do the rest! So I've decided to include photos of the places I went with information that I can remember. Here are photos from Bern, Switzerland:


The photo above is from our train to Bern. We were going from Paris to Bern, and had to travel through Austria in between which is where this photo was taken. We were gobsmacked at how beautiful the sights were, with the river, big mountain and low clouds!




If you got to Switzerland, make sure you have two of these things: A LOT of money and the correct travel charge adaptor. Switzerland is very expensive. We were only there for 2 or 3 days but it was so expensive to eat! So bring a lot. Also, make sure you have the correct travel adaptor! We assumed they used the same adaptor as everywhere else in Europe but so we found out they had a different one! We spent our first day walking around shops just to find one.

The beautiful clock tower.


This is the River Aare that runs through Bern. Isn't it beautiful? The water colour is so nice! 

We enjoyed sitting by the river relaxing and watching the water rush by. It runs quite quickly.




Little dumplings! My friend and I are vegetarians and we didn't find it that easy to find veggie food in Bern that then wasn't hella' expensive. We stuck to dumplings and pasta.

Unfortunately that was all the photos I took in Bern! It was raining when we went so we couldn't do everything we wanted to do and just took the time to chill out and wander instead. Bern is an extremely pretty place, as much of Switzerland looks, so on a sunny day I bet it looks glorious.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment